The fall season is approaching, and i've been craving something that fits the season. I found this recipe for a slow cooker pot roast on Taste of Home, and it was delicious! It's going to be my go-to when I want a hearty, home cooked meal. It's such a comfort to come home from work and smell the simmer, delicious slow cooked pot roast that will be fall-apart tender. The recipe is open to modifications, I added in some carrots, and loved it. The gravy turns out perfect, the best i've ever made!
The prep time is 15 minutes, with a cook time of 6 hours, for a total time of 6 hours and 15 minutes. It serves 8 and is very easy to make, it just takes some time. If anyone is interested in checking out the cooking instructions, please click on the images up above!
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hearty, home cooked meal.
- Serves 8.
- Can be prepped before going to work, allowing you to come home to a delicious slow cooked meal.
This is a delicious recipe, I fully recommend it to anyone looking for new fall recipes!