I have been looking to expand my recipe book with some more shrimp recipes, and thankfully found the recipe for Shrimp Ramp-y from Bon Appetit recently. It checked all the boxes I was looking for. A delicious shrimp dinner with a garlicky, pungent, buttery scampi sauce. The combination of ramps and garlic is really creative. The garlic ends up mellowing our while the ramps stay pungent, resulting in a unique taste.
The recipe for Shrimp Ramp-y is an easy recipe that makes 4 servings with prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 10 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 bunch ramps (about 6 oz.), bulbs and greens separated, bulbs halved lengthwise, greens torn into 2"–3" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. mild red pepper flakes (such as Maras, Urfa, or Aleppo-style), plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, preferably tails left on
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Quick prep and cook time
- Easy to make
- Serves 4
- Unique buttery sauce
- Easily modifiable
I really enjoyed how this recipe came out. I am happy to add it to my seafood recipe book.