With the holidays coming up, I've been looking for some delicious dishes to make. I came across the recipe for this Sausage-and-Maple Bread Pudding on the website for Food and Wine, and I must say.. it's absolutely delicious! It's like an all-in-one take on French toast with maple syrup and sausage. The melted ice cream really enriches the custard base, too. My fave!
This recipe has an active prep time of 30 minutes, and a total time of 1 hour and 20 minutes. It's a beginner friendly recipe that yields 6 to 8 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 pint vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 pound brioche, crusts removed and bread torn into 1-inch pieces (10 cups)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Delicious treat
- Easy to cook, yields a large serving
- Doesn't require too many ingredients
It's a great treat for the Holiday season! I really recommend it, it's so delicious!