The recipe for Paella-Style Rice with Ham and Shrimp from Midwest Living is amazing! There is such a blend of flavours, and you can sop up the juices with warm crusty bread.
This recipe has a hands-on time of 30 minutes and a total time of 30 minutes. It's an easy recipe that yields 4 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped orange or yellow sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Serves 4
- Easy to make
- Total time of 30 minutes
This is the perfect recipe for spring or summer, it's definitely going to be a recurring meal in my household!