I found this recipe for Old-Fashioned Glazed Ham on Food Network's website, and boy does it sound delicious! It's a studded Christmas ham with pineapple and maraschino cherries for a classic holiday presentation. The glaze is easily made with Dijon mustard, brown sugar and thyme which adds tons of flavor. I can't wait to try it this season!
This recipe has a prep time of 15 minutes, and a cook time of 2 hours and 20 minutes. It's an easy recipe that yields 10 to 12 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (14-pound) cooked and smoked cured ham, shank end
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 20 canned pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- Easy to make
- Not too long of a cook time
- Serves 10-12
I think this recipe will yield a deliciously succulent ham with mouthwatering glazing. Can't wait!