I tried the Italian Hot Dish recipe from Taste of Home last night for dinner and I was quite pleased with how it came out. This dinner was a combination of pasta, oregano, mushrooms and green peppers, resulting in a beefy and flavorful casserole that the whole family enjoyed. I enjoyed making it, and it has tons of room for modifications. Definitely a fave for the future!
The recipe for Italian Hot Dish is a simple recipe that makes 4 servings with a prep time of 30 minutes and a back time of 40 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Serves 4
- Easy to make with less than an hour prep/bake time
- Healthy casserole for seasonal dinners
I was very happy with how the recipe turned out. Very delicious while including some of my fave ingredients. It's open to modification for the future. I can't wait to try making this again!