I've been compiling a list of new dessert recipes for the holiday season from Delish. I recently came across the recipe for Homemade Rugelach, and it intrigued me so much, I decided to give it a try!
Rugelach is so soft and pillowy, a delicious flaky filled pastry that I just can't get enough of. The addition of cream cheese makes these pastries extra tender while still being flaky. I love that rugelach is filled with jam or a sweet walnut and brown sugar mixture. I could even fill them with Nutella, or freeze them.
The recipe for Homemade Rugelach is very easy to make, and yields 16 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 3 hours. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
FOR THE DOUGH
- 2 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 (8-oz.) block cold cream cheese, cut into large chunks
- Egg wash, for brushing
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- 1/3 c. raspberry or apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Easy to make
- Serves 16
- Easy modifiable
- Can be made without a food processor
- Quick prep time
- Can be frozen to preserve
- A delicious treat for any occasion