With the arrival of the cold weather, I've been on the lookout for a tasty new casserole. When I saw the recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole on Delish, I knew I had to give it a try. It looked so delicious.
I like that instead of rolling all of the enchiladas, this casserole untraditionally speeds up the process by layering everything together in the pan. There is even some aid in making a homemade sauce instead of buying enchilada sauce.
There is plenty of room for modifications, too. This ranges from using ground beef in place of chicken or adding in some extra vegetables like beans, mushrooms, bell peppers or even sweet potatoes.
The recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole is very easy to make, and yields 10 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 50 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-oz.) can corn, drained
- 3 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can diced green chilis
- 2 (10-oz.) cans enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
- Serves 10
- Quick prep and total time
- Easily modifiable
- Very filling
This recipe was a true hit, it tasted delicious and was very easy to make. I loved how filling it was as well. A true winter staple!