I am stunned by the Best-Ever Farro Salad recipe from Delish. I gave it a try last night and it was just so delicious! The dressing really stood out to me, as few things are more delicious than fried shallots. So flavor-packed and add a much-needed crunch to this grain salad. The farro boiled with broth is also so much more flavorful.
The mix-ins made the salad feel like a full meal, which is a meal prepper's dream. It's very easy to modify the salad to any individual liking, though I preferred the salad as outlined in the recipe.
The recipe for Best-Ever Farro Salad is very easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 1 hour and 10 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 c. whole-grain farro
- 2 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Large shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. lightly packed arugula
- 1 Green apple, chopped
- 1/2 c. shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped basil
- 1/8 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 c. toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Serves 4
- Easy to make
- Very flavorful
- Easily modifiable to personal taste
I had a great time checking this recipe out and giving it a try. It's very tasty and filling. Perfect for meal prepping or when craving a versatile salad. I high;y recommend giving it a try!