I absolutely love the recipe for Lobster-Shrimp Cakes that I found on Delish! This seafood recipe was adapted from the new 20th anniversary edition of Patti's cookbook, LaBelle Cuisine: Recipes to Sing About, and words simply cannot do it justice.
I like that I can make smaller patties to serve as an appetizer or size, or form larger portions for a more substantial dinner.
The recipe for the Lobster-Shrimp Cakes is fairly easy to make, and yields 8 servings with a total prep and cook time of 45 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
FOR THE LEMON AIOLI
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Habanero or hot pepper of your choice, thinly sliced (optional)
FOR THE CAKES
- 12 steamed lobster claws (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 lb. extra-large shrimp in the shell (about 1 1/4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 c. gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. grapeseed or other neutral oil
- Yields 8 servings
- Quick prep and total time
- Great as an appetizer or side, or as a more substantial dinner
- Great choice of dipping sauce
- Perfect for the summer season
I had a blast cooking up these patties and they tasted even better than I imagined! The perfect treat for the summer season. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!