The recipe for Mediterranean Chicken and Bulgur Skillet on CookingLight stunned me with the results. Tender, fluffy bulgur; creamy feta; and moist chicken. I didn't even need a sauce because there was so much flavor in the pan. It's a complete meal, though it could definitely be paired with a side salad as well.
This recipe has an active time of 25 minutes and a total time of 45 minutes. It's an easy recipe that serves 4. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill