I recently tried following the recipe for Romesco Pasta Salad with Basil and Parmesan from Bon Appetit with great success! I had been craving a flavorful pasta that fits the season. This pasta really holds up well at room temperature and has a delicious sauce.
The recipe for Romesco Pasta Salad with Basil and Parmesan is an easy recipe that makes 8 servings with prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 10-20 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 oz. country-style bread, crust removed, cut into 1" pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 whole roasted red peppers from a jar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. fusilli giganti (large spiral-shaped pasta), fusilli, or medium shell pasta
- 1 lb. mixed ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 oz. Parmesan, finely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- Serves 8
- Holds up well at room temperature
- Quick cook time
- Easy to make
I love how this pasta turned out! I am excited to make it again sometime soon.