While browsing on Delish for new summe recipes, I came across the listing for Chipotle Tofu and Pineapple Skewers. It looked so enticing so I just had to check it out, and I'm glad I did! They end up tasting soo good.
Tofu is much more than a meat substitute, as it is the perfect base to soak up tasty sauces, like the chipotle and guajillo chili marinade that is inspired by a popular Mexican street food called tacos al pastor.
The recipe for the Chipotle Tofu and Pineapple Skewers is easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a total time of 1 hour and 40 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 lb. firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 guajillo chiles, stems and seeds removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. annatto paste (also called achiote paste)
- 1 chopped chipotle chili en adobo (2 ½ tsp. from 1 can)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 c. pineapple chunks (cut into 1" cubes)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Serves 4
- Quick total time
- Inspired by Mexican street food
- Very flavorful
- Easily modifiable
This recipe turns out fantastic. The tofu is packed with marinade and the pineapple compliments it so well. It's a perfect go-to summer recipe. I highly recommend checking it out!